Tuesday, November 9, 2010

World War Ruins

I was thinking a ruined London city battlefield would be nice, but I don't have any of those sorts of ruins - or enough to make a large bombed-out street scene. However, today I stumbled across a paper modeller named Dave Graffam, who sells pdf paper scenery.

He mostly does fantasy, but there are a number of more modern buildings in there. I've grabbed a whole bunch of different types of ruined buildings - a snipers wall, bombed house, etc... Each ruin comes with a range of different texture options, so you can assemble them as a range of different ruined buildings. I'm looking forward to printing them out and making my first Ruined London battlefield!

I'll post some photos once I have assembled a bunch of ruins, to show what they are like. I'm using thick 'photo' glossy paper, because I love how strong the colours are, and the look of the quality of the print, when using that sort of paper. The only downside with gloss paper is that there are often reflections, depending on the angle you're looking at it. I'll try a couple ruins, and see what they are like on photo paper, before doing a whole table of them.

The thing I like about paper scenery, is that if you sticky tape it together with small tabs of tape, you can get a craft knife and slit the tape, to seperate the pieces, so you can fold them flat, and pack them away for easy storage. This is good, because I don't have much storage room for large scenery pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment